“The safety of our employees, customers, and partners is paramount to us here at Certica. As we continue to see COVID-19 impacting our community, we have implemented the following safety procedures in accordance with the latest information from the CDC. As the situation evolves and if the CDC guidance changes, we will make appropriate changes to these safety procedures.” – Mark Rankovic, President and CEO
Office and Travel Safety Procedures
- Office Reentry: Certica offices will remain closed until October 5, 2020. We anticipate reentering offices on a limited basis and closely following safety protocols as designated by the states and countries where our offices reside at that time, but this date may change as the situation evolves. Meeting rooms will remain closed initially and our offices will be limited to between 15% and 50% capacity, depending on the configuration of the specific office.
- Health Assessment: Prior to coming to work in the office, Certica employees must take their temperature and perform a self-health assessment. The self-health assessment is to take note of potential COVID-19 symptoms and recent exposure to someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19, and an employee may only attend the office after a satisfactory self-health assessment.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing must be practiced during all meetings and in all office locations. Employees are required to keep a minimum of 6 feet apart, and ideally 10 feet or more.
- PPE: Certica employees are required to wear a face mask when traveling, entering buildings, in meetings, and when in common areas. PPE (face mask, hand sanitizer, and gloves) will be provided to any Certica employees who work in our offices or who travel and meet with customers. This is to ensure the safety of both our employees and our customers.
- Commuting and Travel: Strict travel procedures are in place and virtual meetings are encouraged when possible. Car travel and air travel will not resume until further notice. This will be reviewed regularly and travel will resume as we deem safe. Once travel resumes, for everyone’s safety, our employees are expected to practice proper social distancing protocols during meetings and utilize their PPE. Travel for work is not permitted if an employee feels sick or is demonstrating COVID-19 symptoms.
- Customer-Facing Meetings: Travel by car for customer-facing activities will not resume until further notice. Once travel does resume, no more than two Certica team members can travel together in a car and no more than six individuals can meet collectively at one time. During meetings, Certica team members are expected to follow the safety protocols outlined by customers.
- In-Person Consulting and Professional Development: If you would like to guarantee that there are no disruptions to your professional development initiatives, we recommend scheduling virtual sessions; at this time, all consulting and professional development is being delivered in virtual sessions and in-person consulting and professional development will not resume until further notice. This will be reviewed regularly and updated based on evolving federal and local guidance.
- Cleaning: All high-touch areas are cleaned regularly in our offices. Employees are encouraged to wash hands often and hand sanitizer is available in all offices.
- Visitors: Outside visitors are not allowed in Certica offices at this time.
- Shifts: Certica offices will not reopen until October 5, 2020. At that time, they will be reopened in phases. We are adjusting work schedules to reduce the number of people in the office at one time and a home self-health assessment and temperature check will be required of employees prior to any employee going into the office. Seating and desk spaces are being re-organized to ensure team members are adhering to social distancing guidelines and recommendations.
- Communication: Certica communicates regularly with employees about any updates in policy or procedures concerning their safety and office policies.
- Safety and Health Program: Certica has established a Safety and Health Program to ensure the protection of all employees. All team members will be given a COVID-19 reentry playbook that provides guidance and policies around facility and business safety procedures.
Professional Development-Specific Information
At this time, all consulting and professional development is being delivered in virtual sessions and in-person consulting and professional development will not resume until further notice.
When in-person sessions do resume, the school or district is expected to adhere to CDC guidelines as well as those set forth by state and local governments specifically sanitizing, health screening, social distancing, and the use of PPE. We will be adhering to CDC guidelines as well as state-level guidelines for the face-to-face delivery of professional development. Our priority is the health and safety of our employees as well as yours, so we ask for your understanding if circumstances completely preclude in-person sessions and require virtual professional development delivery on an ongoing basis.
Please be assured that each of our professional development workshops is built to also be delivered virtually. If virtual delivery is the mode in which your training is provided, our team is committed to providing a high-quality experience of equal value to you as the customer and we will work with you to define a mutually agreeable delivery plan.